September 6, 2005

Llyod Lake


Just busted out a water coloring set that my parents bought for me. This is my first water color since high school, um maybe even longer. Instead of mixing the paints, I decided to try layering colors. Although the method isn't as direct as mixing my paints first, I enjoyed it a lot. The fact that you're not so focused on finding a certain color and premeditating each step is kind of like a throw back to childhood. I think I'll stick to that method next time. The next goal will be to use less black though. That's always been a big handicap for me.

Well this painting is of a set of columns supposedly remaining from a past mansion that used to reside in what is now Golden Gate Park. It stands at the edge of Lloyd Lake, which is a small yet beautiful scene.

No comments: