November 11, 2009

88 Tees

The past few months I've been designing t-shirts for a company called 88 Tees. They're a small chain of stores with a Japanese urban/pop/rebel feel that sells vintage clothes. In the states they're not that famous. I believe they're not even that famous among the locals of Hawaii. It's like you've heard of them, but never been there. Well, apparently, they're extremely famous in Japan. It's like a top 5 destination for Japanese tourists. Which was confirmed by my friends living in Japan. I had absolutely no idea.

They have a set of characters that they own and use. I was asked to design shirts specifically with those characters, but in my style. The following poster is based on one of the shirts I designed for them. I heard that it is selling well!

Hope you like it.

No comments: